VistaJet sees 86% increase in pet travel and enhances its VistaPet program with dedicated crew training and more pet partners
September 08, 2021 03:00 ET --
Extensive education includes courses on vital signs, animal behavior, fear of flying and CPR procedures for furry companions
London, September 8, 2021: VistaJet, the first and only global business aviation company, further expands its comprehensive VistaPet program, as the number of animals onboard soars 86% over the last two years and global pet ownership continues to rise.
Safety, security and the wellbeing of clients are fundamental for all at VistaJet. In addition to the unparalleled training with the British Butler Institute, Norland College and the Wine & Spirit Education Trust, as well as being the first in private aviation to have in-house MedAire instructors, VistaJet’s team of over 200 Cabin Hostesses now has tuition in all segments of pet first aid to ensure safety for all in-flight and that loyal companions receive the same leading service as their owners.
The extensive training program includes:
- Pet CPR procedures from checking circulation, identifying location of the heart and optimum ratio of compressions to breath;
- Recognizing warning signs of chocking and the best maneuvers for the situation;
- Vital signs such as heart rate, varying pulse locations, body temperature, and mucous membrane and capillary refill time to check for circulation and levels of oxygen in the bloodstream;
- Understanding indications of poisoning from ingested or topical, spider or insect bites, and the best treatment for each;
- And to better understand behaviors, crew members also learn how to read body language, whether that be a friendly dog holding its ears up and a loosely wagging tail; a fearful dog with ears back and tail tucked; recognizing the difference between a rapidly twitching tail and a friendly wag; or the unpredictability of cats, gaining clues from their eyes, ears and whiskers.
Matteo Atti, EVP Marketing & Innovation at VistaJet said: "The fast increase in pet adoptions is paired with a habit of having pets as daily companions. Rabbits are a recent new breed of pet flown by VistaJet, and while dogs continue to make up the majority of animal passengers, the number of cats spiked 357% from 2019 to 2020. It's important to continually evolve our services to offer best-in-class travel solutions to all our passengers, making them feel safe and cared for at all times. With one in four Members flying with pets, VistaJet is dedicated to ensuring dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, and any other guests benefit from the same unparalleled service their owners expect from us.”
With a 53% increase globally in new memberships during the first half of 2021, there is clear continued demand from travelers looking for a safer and more reliable flying solution. VistaJet makes flying private with pets seamless, even at destination. As customers continue to seek safe havens for the entire family, VistaJet’s Private World collection introduces the very-best pet-friendly properties around the globe. At participating Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, pets feel right at home with tailored menus and exclusive amenities, massages and cabanas for furry friends to enjoy during their stay.
VistaPet’s leading offerings also provide additional solutions for comfort and health, including:
- Fear of flying courses for fearful ones. In partnership with The Dog House, pre-flight courses are offered to prepare for a comfortable in-flight experience. The four-week training helps dogs overcome sounds of jet engines, air pressure and the movements of air turbulence.
- Balanced menus to keep animals healthy and hydrated. Pet passengers are served in-flight meals created in collaboration with clinical veterinarian Dr Bruce Fogle. Natural flower essences are also available to mix with pet’s drinking water to aid relaxation.
- A safe and soft cabin. During the flight, pets can enjoy handmade Labbvenn sleep mats so they can sit down near their owners in the cabin.
- In-flight amenity kits. The VistaPet Pochette includes bio-organic, nutritional pet food from Rockster, treats created by Michelin-starred chef Michel Roux for The Dog House, and Kibble Pet’s water-free shampoo and wipes for salon-quality fur care. For in-flight entertainment, there are Furzu rope toys.
For more information on VistaPet, please visit www.vistajet.com/pets
(Image/ VistaJet's enhanced crew training, now for pets)
NFQ Networking Night - Building Effective Digital Products
Meet. Discuss. Grow. at our networking night on March 9th. If you're interested in digital product development, learn from industry experts as we focus on the "How to Build an Effective Digital Product" topic.
Key Solutions to Advancing Global Televomunication
Join us to discover the possible solutions telecom giants are searching for and learn from our panel of experts on their data-driven insights.
[DIGITIMES - Supply Chain Summit 9/27-28] How do global businesses manage supply chain risks, maintain resilience, and deliver sustainable growth!
DIGITIMES will be hosting the "Supply Chain Summit" on 27-28th September 2022 in Taipei, Taiwan (Hybrid Event). Over 50 leading companies/brands will be present, along with Taiwanese and international experts, to share their perspectives on how to manage global supply chain risks, maintain resilience, and deliver sustainable growth.